1) REMEMBER THOUGHTS AREN’T FACT. Don’t believe everything you think in your mind, such as: “I can’t go on” or “I’m no good”. Notice the thoughts that enter the mind and know that you are not your thoughts. Replace the negative with positive intentions.
2) LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. Notice stress when in the body, ie. Tightness in jaw, hunched shoulders, tension headache, and take the time deepen breath and relax the body.
3) CONNECT WITH PEOPLE. Take the time to listen, pay attention, with sense of warmth and kindness, curiosity and openness.
4) BE GRATEFUL EVERY DAY. As they say, gratitude is the best attitude. Gratitude is an aspect of mindfulness. Take time to say thank you or carry out an action to say thanks (even a short email).
5) STOP AND BREATHE. Take a moment between the urgency of each phone call or text to take a deep breath. Try to let go of the multi-tasking (easier said than done I know) and focus on one task at a time.