For those who know me, they will know that I am always on the move. PLUS, I have a huge appetite. Yesterday was no exception, with the day consisted of 4 yoga classes (kids, corporate, private and studio), attending the solo band night for my daughter, and also visiting my son’s Year 2 classroom for “Healthy Living”. As well as having fun with massage train and relaxing with guided meditation, we made 2 types of Bliss Balls that are perfect for kids (and adults!) lunch boxes. Also great for a boost before or after sports training, or a healthy bize-sized dessert when you want something sweet after dinner.
So here they are:
Super simple - just need a mixing bowl, food processor (I use a nutri bullet), spoon and at the end clean hands!
APRICOT COCONUT BALLS
1 cup oats,
1 cup chopped apricots (I usually soak for around an hour to soften)
1 cup of desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Drain the apricots and then blitz in the food processor.
Mix with the other ingredients in a bowl. Once mixed with spoon, put your hands in and roll/mould into small balls with your fingers.
Keep in refridgerator for up to 2 weeks.
DATE AND CACOA BALLS
(tip - get the kids to smell Cacoa - once they realise it smells like chocolate, they are in!)
1 cup oats
3/4 cup of dates (once again, I usually soak for around an hour to soften)
1 cup desiccated coconut (plus extra to roll balls)
2 tablespoons cacoa powder
2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
Drain the dates and then blitz in the food processor.
Mix with the other ingredients in a bowl. Once mixed with spoon, put your hands in and roll/mould into small balls with your fingers. Place in a bowl of the extra coconut to coat on outside.
Keep in refridgerator for up to 2 weeks.
1) REMEMBER THOUGHTS AREN’T FACT. Don’t believe everything you think in your mind, such as: “I can’t go on” or “I’m no good”. Notice the thoughts that enter the mind and know that you are not your thoughts. Replace the negative with positive intentions.
2) LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. Notice stress when in the body, ie. Tightness in jaw, hunched shoulders, tension headache, and take the time deepen breath and relax the body.
3) CONNECT WITH PEOPLE. Take the time to listen, pay attention, with sense of warmth and kindness, curiosity and openness.
4) BE GRATEFUL EVERY DAY. As they say, gratitude is the best attitude. Gratitude is an aspect of mindfulness. Take time to say thank you or carry out an action to say thanks (even a short email).
5) STOP AND BREATHE. Take a moment between the urgency of each phone call or text to take a deep breath. Try to let go of the multi-tasking (easier said than done I know) and focus on one task at a time.
1) EAT YOUR FRUITS AND VEGGIES: Fibre not only fills us up, but also takes longer for the body to process and provides energy for longer. Fill up on your favourite 5 a day vegetables and fruits, and reap the reward of the vitamins and nutrients as well.
2) STOP COMPLANING: Be the glass half full person with a positive outlook, guaranteed to uplift your mood.
3) TAKE A MINI BREAK TO STRETCH (OR BOOK IN SOME CORPORATE YOGA): Get out of the chair, off the computer, and have a stretch. It doesn’t need to be long, just a few minutes can make a big difference. Release out the jaw, neck, shoulders and upper back where most of the tension is often held with some rolls of the shoulders, twists looking over each shoulder, and stretching the arms over the head.
4) KEEP DRINKING THAT WATER: Being slightly dehydrated can cause lack of energy and simply having a regular glass of water throughout the day can alleviate this. Also, avoiding excess caffeine and sugary drinks, which can often leave you more thirsty in the long run.
5) GET OUTSIDE: If your office is inside, try to step out in the sunshine and fresh air during the day. Take some deep breaths and look at some greenery or even up at the sky. Also bring some outside in, with a fresh plant on or near your desk.
As well as these tips, regular Yoga and Meditation can greatly help give a boost of energy and uplift your mood. Request a quote for Corporate Yoga and Wellness programs to your workplace, or more details on my signature program Executive Zen – for a Happier, Healthier Team. email@example.com 0421326046
Are you or your team suffering from the typical executive lifestyle?
Struggling with a workload that’s endlessly demanding and energy draining?
Suffering from bad eating habits, seriously sleep deprivation and unable to switch off?
There is another way.
Learn how to use Yoga in the workplace to help you and your team become a powerhouse at work, and enjoy more well-being and balance in every aspect of your life.
Healthy employees are productive employees!
Yoga and meditation classes are now positive additions to the corporate lifestyle.
In fact, many Fortune 500 companies have now embraced health and wellbeing practices as part of their culture to boost employee morale and maximise performance.
The proven results of yoga in the workplace, help businesses save money by reducing stress leave, illness and staff turnover.
As a result, healthy employees are much happier, more positive and able to handle tasks and stressful situations, more effectively
How it works
We bring yoga to your workplace! Our qualified instructor comes to your office and guides your team through a series of simple, yet effective yoga exercises, without them having to step out the door.
The class includes asanas (poses), breathing techniques, relaxation methods and short guided meditations that will leave them feeling focused, re-energised and motivated to take on their day!
In addition they will learn poses they can use anytime (and anywhere) throughout the workday - including at their desk, computer screen or daily commute,
Just some of the benefits include
Less physical tension, aches, pain and fatigue
Improved mental alertness, memory and focus
Effective decision making
Higher productivity and performance
Reduced stress and anxiety
More energy and sense of well-being
An overall boost in company morale, sense of community and team bonding
Who is corporate yoga for?
You don’t need to be a large company to offer a Corporate Yoga Program. Your corporate yoga program is tailored to your needs and designed to fit around your team’s schedule and workplace environment. What’s more the classes are suitable for any level of fitness and beneficial to both beginners or experienced yoga students.
Ready to welcome easy, flow and more results for your team?
Contact Heidi today and use yoga to create a more positive and productive workplace.